Metro Line 3 to connect to the Mumbai local trains at various locations
The Mumbai Metro Line 3 project will connect to eight existing transport locations. Along with Churchgate and CSMT, Grant Road and Mumbai Central close to MSRTC bus depot, Mahalaxmi station, which is close to Monorail station and, Bandra Kurla Complex (BKC) will integrate with Mumbai Metro Line 2-B and Metro Line 1.
The long-awaited Mumbai Metro project is pacing up its work. The metro lines across the city are integrating with the Mumbai Suburban local trains. The Mumbai Metro Line 3 is paramount in connecting the two big stations of Churchgate and Mumbai's Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CSMT) Railway stations to the metro project.
According to a senior official, The Mumbai Metro Line 3 project will connect to eight existing transport locations. Along with Churchgate and CSMT, Grant Road and Mumbai Central close to MSRTC bus depot, Mahalaxmi station, which is close to Monorail station and, Bandra Kurla Complex (BKC) will integrate with Mumbai Metro Line 2-B and Metro Line 1.
Reportedly, Subodh Gupta, Director of projects in MMRC, said that the BMC headquarters at Azad Maidan is developing to link to the Mumbai CSMT station through the BMC underpass. It offers seamless connectivity the Metro station is across the Churchgate station and, its presence at other locations like Mumbai Central railway station and MSRTC bus depot makes it the best connectivity option. The Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ, 33.5km long Mumbai Metro Line 3 project is the first and only fully underground metro project in Mumbai. It is a crucial project in improving the transport facility and connectivity in the city with 26 underground metro stations. According to the officials, the metro will provide interchange at both terminals of the airport.
As per the reports, six of seven contracts have completed 100% tunneling; Line 3 has completed 97% tunneling work, Civil Work is 79% in progress, MMRC to install 66.07km long track for Line 3.
The inter-connectivity of Metro Line 3 is:
● Metro Station - Churchgate
● Churchgate - Churchgate Western Railway Station
● CSMT - CSMT Central and Harbour Railway stations
● Grant Road - Grant Road Western railway station
● Mumbai Central - Mumbai Central Western railway station and ST bus depot
● Mahalaxmi - Mahalaxmi Monorail station
● Dadar - Dadar Western Railway station at 10-minutes walking distance
● BKC - Metro Line 2B (D.N. Nagar- Mandale)
● Marol Naka - Metro Line 1 (Ghatkopar - versova)
Some of the features of metro Line 3 are:
- The Capacity of Train will be 2,400
- Commercial speed will be 34kmph
- Centralised control and driverless operations
- Platform screen doors
- Contact-less smart card for zero revenue loss
- ELEvators and lifts for physically challenged.
- Believed number of passengers traveling the metro by 2030 is 17 lakh per day.